Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

9/29: AL East Champ Boston Red Sox vs. the Twins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
422 replies to this topic

#1 Rangerrob

• 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:00 PM

I'm very proud to introduce your American League East Division Champs...

THE BOSTON RED SOX!!!

OK lets lock up Home field throughout the Playoffs.

The Matchup…
MIN: C. Silva (13-14, 4.22)
BOS: T. Wakefield (16-12, 4.80)

I was planning on saving this one for the playoffs, but since Lurker nation might not be around for the playoffs...here we go.

"The Lord of the Red Sox" I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery presents…

I Am No Reliever!

Scene: Fenway Park, the near future, ALCS, Game 6, Sox vs. Yanks. Sox are ahead in the series 3-2. The bullpen is spent after have been gone deep to in games 3,4,and 5. 7th Inning, Schilling has pitched well but is far past 100 pitches. Sox leads 5-2. Two on, One out...

Posted Image
Schill: (looks over to see who is coming to bat)

Posted Image
Damon: (Swoops towards the field, with Jeter on deck.)

Posted Image
Schill: Crap, he's got my number tonight. I can get him though.

Posted Image
Damon: (Steps into the batters box having gone 2-2 today with a Homer, Double and a walk.)

Posted Image
Tito: TIME! (Slow walks to mound…waves his left hand at the bullpen) Good game Schill.

Posted Image
Schill: Thanks. (Hands ball to Tito, walks to dugout)

Edited by Rangerrob, 29 September 2007 - 07:41 AM.

#2 Rangerrob

• 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:01 PM

Posted Image
Lester: Oh boy...Here we go.

Posted Image
Lester: (Takes the mound.)

Posted Image
Damon: (On the first pitch sends a line drive right back at Lester who snags it on the fly…the runners retreat to their bags.)

Posted Image
Lester: Two Down.

Posted Image
Jeter: (Steps into batters box, arches back…)

Posted Image
Lester: (First pitch, Swinging Strike One.)

Posted Image
Lester: (Second pitch, Swinging Strike Two)

#3 Rangerrob

• 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:01 PM

Posted Image
Lester: (Third Pitch, Long Drive to Left….but sails foul missing Fisk's Pole by about two feet.) Whew that was close.

Posted Image
Jeter: (Leans out of the box and shouts out to Lester.) Fool, No Red Sox reliever can strike out the Captain of the Yankees.

Posted Image
Lester: I am no Reliever! (Throws pitch)

Posted Image
Jeter: (Strike Three. LOOKING!)

Posted Image
Jeter: NOooooooooo!

Posted Image
Coco: (Fist Pumps) YEAH!

Edited by Rangerrob, 28 September 2007 - 11:03 PM.

#4 ypioca

• 4,289 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

Just got back home from a party, and I can't believe I fükken missed it. I am mad and extremely happy at the same time.

Fuck. Yeah.

WON.

#5 Preacher

• 336 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:09 PM

Wow, exciting scenario above. What happens after the 7th inning stretch? Does Lester shut it down the rest of the game?

#6 Andrew

• broke his neck in costa rica

• 9,704 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:14 PM

That was the best LOTR one yet.

#7 January

• PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:01 AM

Rangerrob: Thank you for making me a little happier today than I already was. Didn't think that was possible at this point.

I'm not sure it actually matters at this point, but

WIN ANYWAY!

I'd like to see Wake match his career high in Wins. The guy deserves it, and hopefully he can return to form for the post-season.

I think the only thing not determined now is who has HFA if we face Cleveland in the LCS.

#8 LESDL

• armed against all shadows

• 1,606 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:09 AM

Rangerrob wins at the internet. Hands down. I LMAO.

Andrew said it- best one yet. Strong I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery. The Witch King=Jeter! Brilliant! :rolling:

WIN AND TAKE THE NEXT STEP!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LESDL, 29 September 2007 - 12:12 AM.

#9 LiveAndDieWithTheSox

• 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:09 AM

Rangerrob: Thank you for making me a little happier today than I already was. Didn't think that was possible at this point.
I'm not sure it actually matters at this point, but

WIN ANYWAY!

I'd like to see Wake match his career high in Wins. The guy deserves it, and hopefully he can return to form for the post-season.

I think the only thing not determined now is who has HFA if we face Cleveland in the LCS.

On Baseball Tonight they said that it's locked in and the Sox will be playing the Angels. Not sure why though.

#10 patinorange

• SoSH Member

• 8,180 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:21 AM

On Baseball Tonight they said that it's locked in and the Sox will be playing the Angels. Not sure why though.

Note my location and you see why the Angels series makes me very happy.

I hope to make the game. I'll assume we'll be up 2-0 when the boys hit town.

#11 LiveAndDieWithTheSox

• 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:36 AM

Note my location and you see why the Angels series makes me very happy.

I hope to make the game. I'll assume we'll be up 2-0 when the boys hit town.

That's great. Have a cold one for us! :rolling:

Edit: The Sox face the Angels. What is yet to be decided is home field advantage throughout the playoffs - given to the team with the best record (Sox or indians). If the Sox and the indians finish with the same W-L, the Sox win because they took the season series.

Edited by LiveAndDieWithTheSox, 29 September 2007 - 01:31 AM.

#12 Jnai

• is not worried about sex with goats

• 9,521 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:36 AM

We are in the playoffs. We have won the division.

Barring anything insanely catastrophic, I propose *no negativity I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery* for your 2007 AL East Champions. No getting pissed at anything. At anyone. For any reason.

Today, this gamethread is a gamethread of hope. And peace. And goodness. And prosperity. And conjunctions. And pictures of Hazel and Tina.

#13 Tito's Pullover

• Lol boo ALS

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:24 AM

Did anyone find out about whether or not we'll be homeless for the postseason? I'd ask but I don't want to flood the dopes' PM boxes if it's not necessary and 10 people have already inquired.

Perhaps we should elect a lurker liason to handle such matters.

Edited by Tito's Pullover, 29 September 2007 - 02:25 AM.

#14 January

• PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

Edit: The Sox face the Angels. What is yet to be decided is home field advantage throughout the playoffs - given to the team with the best record (Sox or indians). If the Sox and the indians finish with the same W-L, the Sox win because they took the season series.

HFA is determined by seeding in order of record, except the Wild Card is alway 4th. The Sox and Cleveland have the best record and it isn't possible for LAA to catch up. Since the Sox can't play New York, they get the #3 seed, which is LAA. Whichever of us or Cleveland that finishes with the best record would get home field advantage IF the two teams play each other.

I don't think home field advantage is as big a deal in a seven game series though.

Interestingly enough, a considerable number of races resolved themselves within a span of 20 minutes.

#15 JayeBrady

• 189 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

Well I just found these cute Sox Dogs, and let me say that they are neither hard-drinking nor coke-sniffing...these are good, clean Sox Dogs, and they are here with their I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery....(do they belong to anyone here? :rolling: )

Posted Image

#16 redsoxfan1776

• 77 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:59 AM

WIN it for Wake and HFA!

Edited by redsoxfan1776, 29 September 2007 - 07:59 AM.

#17 neil

• 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:45 AM

Tonights lineup, courtesy of me:

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. Kevin Cash, DH
4. Manny Ramirez. LF
5. Bobby Kielty, RF
6. Eric Hinske, 1B
7. Doug Mirabelli, C
8. Royce Clayton, SS
9. Alex Cora, 3B

#18 Savin Hillbilly

• SoSH Member

• 11,707 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. Kevin Cash, DH
4. Manny Ramirez. LF
5. Bobby Kielty, RF
6. Eric Hinske, 1B
7. Doug Mirabelli, C
8. Royce Clayton, SS
9. Alex Cora, 3B

And warming up in the bullpen will be Larry, Curly, and Moe. :rolling:

It's good to be the king.

#19 Sprowl

• mikey lowell of the sandbox

• 21,311 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

Splendid, Rangerrob, they just keep getting better and better...

Posted Image
Damon: (Swoops towards the field, with Jeter on deck.)

:rolling:

Posted Image
Lester: Oh boy...Here we go.

Eowyn: The perfect image of a terrified young pitcher.

Posted Image
Coco: (Fist Pumps) YEAH!

Coco should know better than to channel an evil ritual of gloating. That's probably why his broken finger took so long to heal, and explains that feeble throwing arm. He's still in the Houses of Healing, where it will take a lot of athelas to restore him to the .810 OPS CF we thought we were getting from Cleveland two years ago. Fortunately, his glove hand was unimpaired.

Crystal-clear BC I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery worked yesterday, and I'm never gonna mess up a good thang: Krummholtz Karma

Posted Image

Edited by Sprowl, 29 September 2007 - 05:05 PM.

#20 OrlandoMerced

• 188 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

It's good to be the king.

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

Edited by OrlandoMerced, 29 September 2007 - 09:36 AM.

#21 LiveAndDieWithTheSox

• 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

HFA is determined by seeding in order of record, except the Wild Card is alway 4th. The Sox and Cleveland have the best record and it isn't possible for LAA to catch up. Since the Sox can't play New York, they get the #3 seed, which is LAA. Whichever of us or Cleveland that finishes with the best record would get home field advantage IF the two teams play each other.

January, thanks for the clear and informative post.
I was very tired and a bit drunk Posted Image when I was trying to find the answer last night.
You've summed it up nicely. Posted Image

#22 anakin

• 300 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

Posted Image

Win it for American League Champs

GO SOX!

#23 rembrat

• SoSH Member

• 23,645 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:07 AM

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. Kevin Cash, DH
4. Manny Ramirez. LF
5. Bobby Kielty, RF
6. Eric Hinske, 1B
7. Doug Mirabelli, C
8. Royce Clayton, SS
9. Alex Cora, 3B

Which would still be slightly better than the Twin's lineup.

#24 LESDL

• armed against all shadows

• 1,606 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

Just a little more Misty Mountain I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery.

Posted Image

I predict a win tonight followed by more large amounts of dirty water.

#25 ClutchBOS

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

How come JD Drew and Manny weren't' celebrating? Kinda dissapoited, especially at JD. At least Manny never talks to the media, but you come in here, suck and now your not celebrating. Hell even ERIC 'Fucking' GAGNE was celebrating.

Oh and I love Mike Lowell and Papelbon, they were really partying last night. And LOL at Mike Lowell getting Tina all wet and sticky and in her eye.

#26 LiveAndDieWithTheSox

• 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:20 AM

And LOL at Mike Lowell getting Tina all wet and sticky and in her eye.

They showed that on TV?

#27 ClutchBOS

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

They showed that on TV?

Yeah Tina was about to do an interview with some Sox exec, Lowell came right behind her and bam, just let it blow. She got it in her eye and all over. It was awesome.

As much as I think Tina looks freakishly deformed with her size 12 mouth, she looked damn hot all wet.

#28 neil

• 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

Yeah Tina was about to do an interview with some Sox exec, Lowell came right behind her and bam, just let it blow. She got it in her eye and all over. It was awesome.

As much as I think Tina looks freakishly deformed with her size 12 mouth, she looked damn hot all wet.

I hope they show this many times on NESN.

#29 Ferm Sheller

• 4,554 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

RED SOX 10TH: Yastrzemski struck out; Lansford singled to left;
Lansford stole second; Boggs was walked intentionally; Lansford
stole third and Boggs stole second; Nichols struck out; MILLER
BATTED FOR HOFFMAN; Miller was walked intentionally; On a bunt
Allenson singled to third [Lansford scored
, Boggs to third,
Miller to second]; 1 R, 2 H, 0 E, 3 LOB. Angels 6, Red Sox 7.

http://retrosheet.or...8280BOS1982.htm

Maybe Mora had the Mugsy Allenson I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery working last night?

#30 January

• PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. Kevin Cash, DH
4. Manny Ramirez. LF
5. Bobby Kielty, RF
6. Eric Hinske, 1B
7. Doug Mirabelli, C
8. Royce Clayton, SS
9. Alex Cora, 3B

Manny would DH. And you forgot Brandon Moss(LF maybe?) But yeah, I can't do much better than that either. It seems we lack depth at second and third base.

Edited by January, 29 September 2007 - 12:47 PM.

#31 patinorange

• SoSH Member

• 8,180 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:50 PM

We are in the playoffs. We have won the division.

Barring anything insanely catastrophic, I propose *no negativity I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery* for your 2007 AL East Champions. No getting pissed at anything. At anyone. For any reason.

Today, this gamethread is a gamethread of hope. And peace. And goodness. And prosperity. And conjunctions. And pictures of Hazel and Tina.

I am going try and adhere to this.

Tonight will be for congrats, compliments, sharing season highlights, and looking forward.

On the other hand..Best record is at stake...

Hey Tito...WTF why is Dice K still in there?
Hey Tek, how about a bunt with the bases loaded?
GAGNE? nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo!

Just warming up...just in case. :rolling:

#32 asection8

• 1,151 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:57 PM

They clinched, and Papi clinched on Paps.

Posted Image

WIN

(This picture took way to long to make, but once I saw the video, I had to give it my best effort.)

Edited by asection8, 29 September 2007 - 01:05 PM.

#33 January

• PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

Posted Image

Tim: It's two games to the postseason, I got a bad back, one starter in the lineup, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Doug: Hit it.

#34 Dusty Petra

• 153 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

WIN

(This picture took way to long to make, but once I saw the video, I had to give it my best effort.)

What exactly do we think Papi is doing with his hands?

I will miss being able to post in the magic number thread (until October). Tonight's win will have no number.

I'll take it anyway.

WIN

#35 January

• PipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:20 PM

What exactly do we think Papi is doing with his hands?

I will miss being able to post in the magic number thread (until October). Tonight's win will have no number.

I'll take it anyway.

WIN

I believe the magic number is currently at 11.

#36 ypioca

• 4,289 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

Dave Chappelle worked out well yesterday, so continue with the I am unoriginal and unfunny. Please put me out of my misery we must.

Posted Image

#37 ypioca

• 4,289 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

And on a sidenote: How out of control did Paps get in the celebration? He looked insane in the photos. (see new avatar.)

Edited by ypioca, 29 September 2007 - 02:16 PM.

#38 Dusty Petra

• 153 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

I believe the magic number is currently at 11.

I just meant that when we win tonight, we won't be able to rush off and find pictures with one fewer camel (or whatever) in them.

Yes, it's at 11, and stuck there until October.

#39 opes

• Doctor Tongue

• 3,194 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

Posted Image

WIN

HAHAHAHAHAH

Thats terribly funny. What I want to see is wet tina pics, with possibly some nipple action. Do these exist?

#40 Al Zarilla

• SoSH Member

• 22,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

But why is Boston - LAA fixed at this point? Cleveland and Boston are tied for best record. I would think that if Boston, for example, finished with the best record, and, knowing they can't play New York, would play the team with the poorer record between Cleveland and LAA. That would be LAA. If Cleveland finishes with the best record, why wouldn't they get LAA?

#41 GlenMorangie

• 779 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

I'm so glad they clinched last night. Now, for the first time in YEARS, I can watch a game and honestly not care who wins and just enjoy it. So nice that these guys can rest and relax.

I know about the HFA still being up for grabs, but I don't really care. If we play CLE I'll be so happy NYY are out that it won't matter.

WELCOME TO THE ROYCE CLAYTON ERA, BEYOTCHES! He's going off tonight. Book it.

#42 Ferm Sheller

• 4,554 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

But why is Boston - LAA fixed at this point? Cleveland and Boston are tied for best record. I would think that if Boston, for example, finished with the best record, and, knowing they can't play New York, would play the team with the poorer record between Cleveland and LAA. That would be LAA. If Cleveland finishes with the best record, why wouldn't they get LAA?

You answered your own question, Al: because Boston can't play NY.

#43 neil

• 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Manny would DH. And you forgot Brandon Moss(LF maybe?) But yeah, I can't do much better than that either. It seems we lack depth at second and third base.

It was just a humorous post.

Cash at DH? Thats fricking hilarious.

#44 OrlandoMerced

• 188 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

I just wish this were a 3:55pm game, because I've been drinking JD for an hour and am getting just sloppy enough to have a good time in the game thread.

Posted Image

#45 patman

• 466 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image

Tim: It's two games to the postseason, I got a bad back, one starter in the lineup, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Doug: Hit it.

Excellent! :(

p.s. Did you get my Cheez-Wiz, boy?

#46 Ananias

• 193 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

Wild Card plays record outside of their division. That will be Cleveland.

Maybe you are thinking best record gets to decide who to play?

go here if still confused: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALDS and look under "determining the matchups"

#47 Al Zarilla

• SoSH Member

• 22,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:10 PM

You answered your own question, Al: because Boston can't play NY.

Of course. Brain dead today. :( Thanks. Your name reminds me, I met Bob Feller at a baseball card show once. Nice man.

#48 Al Zarilla

• SoSH Member

• 22,324 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

Maybe you are thinking best record gets to decide who to play?

No, just dementia setting in. :( Thanks.

#49 Mr. Sparkle

• 109 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

Filling in for CoRP.

#50 Ananias

• 193 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

No, just dementia setting in. :( Thanks.

I was just excited there was a baseball question I actually knew the answer to.