Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Christopher Province, #144

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Gray Eagle

• SoSH Member

• 9226 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:47 PM

Christopher Province, RHP, Southeastern Louisiana University.

College closer, mid-90s fastball, plus slider

baseball America:

"Province, a 6-foot-3, 220-pound righthander at Southeastern Louisiana, went undrafted as a junior in 2006 despite showing a plus fastball. Serving as the Lions’ closer this year, he kicked his fastball up to 94-97 mph by the end of the season and will be one of the better senior signs in the draft. Province also scrapped his curveball for a slider that improved tremendously in May, clocking at 86-88 mph in the last week of the regular season. He too could go in the second or third round, especially if a team is looking to save some money with a college senior."

Obviously a scouting-based pick. Sounds like stuff improved at the end of this year. As a senior he should be an easy sign.

#2 SoxFanPJ

• call me Chester

• 3854 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

"Being drafted by the Red Sox is such a great thing," Province said. "They have been such a great organization and I look forward to being a part of it. I'm really excited about the opportunity to play professional baseball and I'm ready to go out and prove myself."

Province, who worked out for Red Sox officials Wednesday at Fenway Park, finished 2-3 with a 4.29 earned run average for Southeastern, leading the Lions with a school-record tying eight saves and appearing in a team-high 24 games. Province appeared in 74 games during his four-year career, tying him with Risley St. Germain and Chris O'Brien for fourth in school history.

http://www.lionsport...e...cle&id=3160

2007 Stats:

http://www.lionsport...07/teamcume.htm

#3 Rudy Pemberton

• Just a string of characters

• 27877 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

Very pedestrian stats for Province this year, would be interested to hear more about him.

#4 chester

• 1035 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Very pedestrian stats for Province this year, would be interested to hear more about him.

I watched Province pitch twice against Tulane (both in relief) way back in Feb. when they were actually playing good ball.

The first game he looked awsome...but the second game he was all over the place. This seems to be how he was all year long.