Strangest thing in the Delta terminal after I flew into LaGuardia late Sunday night. A woman stood outside the door leading from the terminal to baggage claim, where gypsy cabbies and limo drivers with signs always wait. I heard these three sentences: "No, I need you to come inside the terminal. I am not going down there with those guys all waiting. You've got to come in and help me.''
Ma'am, it's New York. It's a big airport. Those men don't bite. You put your head down, ignore them and walk outside. You'll be fine.
Once again, the everyman PK passes judgment on the great unwashed masses.
1) gypsy is widely considered a racial slur.
2) It's ironic that he uses a racial slur to defend those he just slurred from the latent racism of some random woman, but that's PK!
3) That's not enough of a snapshot of that woman's conversation to impune any racist animus (or whatever) on the woman. It seems apparent that she has a lot of baggae, she needs help. In situations like that, it is common at LGA to get bombarded by dudes asking you if you need help with your shit and a ride (which is, not to mention, illegal because it's a nuisance and rips off the legitimate cabbies. Not that I have a problem with that, but still.). Therefore, I think it's personally reasonable for the woman to be saying to the person picking her up (husband?) "Hey, no you should park, come help with all my shit."
4) What the fuck does Peter King know about it? He obviously gets towncar service from his place/office to the airport. All frequent business travelers do in NYC.
5) What the fuck does it being NYC or being a "big airport" have anything to do with the situation? She might as well be in Dubuque: she still has some baggage she needs help with and doesn't feel like being hassled
. Christ. Let's not turn her into Axl Rose circa 1988.
"Peter King, it's an election year and Mexico is south of here: try minding your own fucking business."
Tweet of the Week III
"Can't wait to not watch The Artist when it's on HBO or Showtime.''
-- @PeteAbe, Boston Globe baseball writer Pete Abraham, following the awarding for Best Picture Sunday night at the Oscars.
I'm so fucking glad PK decided to fill me in on that.
e. Congrats to the Vancouver Canucks. In the span of 24 hours, they went to Detroit and broke the Wings' 23-game home winning streak and then won in New Jersey against one of the hottest teams in the league.
"I FUCKING LOVE FRONTRUNNERS! AND I ALSO CONVENIENTLY IGNORE IT WHEN TEAMS I LIKE ACT LIKE ASSHOLES, BUT NEVER FORGET IT WHEN TEAMS I DON'T LIKE ACT LIKE ASSHOLES!"
f. Finally saw Ides of March. Disturbing, if you know the outcome, but well done and politically smart.
It's "disturbing" if I know the outcome? Wait... So, it's disturbing if I currently know the outcome, or disturbing to watch if I already know the outcome ahead of time? But in the case of the latter, why would I watch... huh
Whatever. PK thinks it was a disturbing movie. Evidently he doesn't think politicians ever have affairs. What a fucking simp, yet again. "Hi, I'm Peter King! I'm so ignorant I get really upset when people don't live up to my ignorant expectatations! Doop dee doo!"
Not so sure
h. Coffeenerdness: Ordered my latte at the JW Marriott Starbucks in Indianapolis Sunday morning. Turned around to see 49ers quarterback coach Geep Chryst. "Ordering behind you at Starbucks,'' Chryst said, "is like going after Michael Jordan in a dunk contest.'' Why, thank you.
that should be read as a compliment, there, fat guy.