Yo! You're not logged in. Why am I seeing this ad?

Photo

Interview with George Kottaras

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 diehard24

• 535 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:20 AM

Kotarras talks about the trade, his game, and his heritage.

#2 Pumpsie

• The Kilimanjaro of bullshit

• 10577 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

That's a good interview. Good questions. Thoughtful answers.

You're doing a really nice job over there, diehard. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad we have I need to learn how to spell Kottaras. He seems to be really on the ball. He's caught a knuckleballer successfully and knows how to do it, so he's one step on on Bard already. And he's off to a good start with the SeaDogs, although he was thrown into a tough situation; similar to jumping onto a moving train. He's obviously got some skills.

It seems like he could be a Jorge Posada type of catcher. Similar build and skills.

We may need him sooner than we think.

#3 diehard24

• 535 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

That's a good interview.  Good questions.  Thoughtful answers.

I'm glad we have I need to learn how to spell Kottaras.  He seems to be really on the ball.  He's caught a knuckleballer successfully and knows how to do it, so he's one step on on Bard already. And he's off to a good start with the SeaDogs, although he was thrown into a tough situation; similar to jumping onto a moving train.  He's obviously got some skills. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many thanks, Pumpsie!

One thing we should keep in mind is that while he has a familiarity with knucklers, it's not all that much experience. That's not to say he can't be good at it, just that I think it takes a while to get to where Mirabelli is right now. I actually think Bard could have overcome his issues if given more time, but it didn't seem like we had much time earlier in the year.

#4 Pumpsie

• The Kilimanjaro of bullshit

• 10577 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:15 PM

Many thanks, Pumpsie!

One thing we should keep in mind is that while he has a familiarity with knucklers, it's not all that much experience. That's not to say he can't be good at it, just that I think it takes a while to get to where Mirabelli is right now. I actually think Bard could have overcome his issues if given more time, but it didn't seem like we had much time earlier in the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the first things we heard about I need to learn how to spell Kottaras was that he had those "soft hands." That, and his description of how to successfully catch a knuckler, plus his successful esperience with Sparks, lead me to believe that he would be fine at it.

#5 dauber23

• 639 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:44 PM

We have also heard a lot about his patience at the plate--maybe he is the real Greek God of walks!

I hope this kid develops his defensive skills and becomes the catcher of the future.

#6 diehard24

• 535 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:51 PM

One of the first things we heard about I need to learn how to spell Kottaras was that he had those "soft hands."  That, and his description of how to successfully catch a knuckler, plus his successful esperience with Sparks, lead me to believe that he would be fine at it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hear you. Great signs, no doubt. He seems to work very hard. And he should get a lot of practice with Zink next year. Maybe Barnes, too, as speculated at Sox Prospects. Or would that just be too cruel, two knuckleballers a week?

edit: grammar

Edited by diehard24, 11 September 2006 - 10:31 PM.